Kaethe

Kaethe

Bone, Vol. 1: Out from Boneville - Jeff Smith

Bone, Vol. 1: Out from Boneville - Jeff Smith

I had to pick up some things that had come it to the library, and drop off some things that were due. Natasha didn't want to pull herself away from Star Trek, but she asked me to pick up a stack of Marvel for her reading pleasure. So, then, an hour later, there we are on either end of the sofa den with cats strewn about and graphic novels carefully stacked in her chosen reading order (I got them when she finished). These are some of the most pleasing moments of my life, and why I'm looking forward to my first state comicon.

Anyway, she only read a couple of pages before giving up, but I read at least three quarters. I liked the dragon. That was it. When Thorn is introduced as a human and treated as cheesecake I was completely put off, even though I stuck around to see if it was a fluke or not (not).

I wouldn't try to discourage a kid from reading it, but if someone is drawn to graphic novels and/or high fantasy, I could recommend something better. Lots of somethings, I'm sure.

Library copy