Kaethe

Kaethe

Half-Minute Horrors - Avi, Gail Carson Levine, Libba Bray, Joyce Carol Oates, James Patterson, Gregory Maguire, Lane Smith, Adele Griffin, Katherine Applegate, Jenny Nimmo, Jonathan Lethem, Tui T. Sutherland, Adam Rex, R.L. Stine, Michael Connelly, Jerry Spinelli, Gloria Whelan, Sarah Weeks, An Grabbed of of the children's shelf for the kid who likes spooky stories, as well as for me.

***

Well, the Wolfchild is still working on it, but I've finished my read. A really strong collection of sudden fiction, some truly creepy, some funny as anything. I particularly like the addition of comic-style stories.

***

Some of the stories were a little puzzling to us, so I read them out loud and the three of us figured them out. Actually, a couple of them remained puzzling to us; enigmatic. But overall, a strong recommendation from a 45-year-old, an 11-year-old, and an 8-year-old. And yes, we did particularly enjoy the Adam Rex contribution.