Kaethe

Kaethe

Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances - John Green,  Maureen Johnson,  Lauren Myracle This book I picked up to share with Veronica. We're both Maureen Johnson fans (as is Tash), but Veronica has been all about the Nerdfighting lately. And, well, I've been meaning to get to it forever.So, the book starts with Maureen Johnson's tale The Jubilee Express. Our heroine's Christmas has been thrown into an uproar, but despite the craziness, she rolls with it. And because her emotional reactions remain so firmly grounded, through the wackiness, it turns out to be a sweet and believable love story. Fans of Anna and the French Kiss should enjoy this one.***Story Two is A Cheestastic Christmas Miracle, in which the author seems to get over his long-running interest in unattainable Manic Pixie Dream Girls and in which the Duke delivers a marvelous speech against sexism. And also, there's Twister.***Last is The Patron Saint of Pigs, the most miraculous of the stories. It's a little hard to feel for Addie, but I really liked the way Myracle sucked me into to sympathy with her. And also, tiny pigs.***In sum, three charming stories about a number of teenage characters who are all interesting, a big-ass snowstorm, a lot of coincidental plotting, that involves a train trip and largely takes place in Brevard, NC. It'd make a great companion read with Dash & Lily's Book of Dares: five great YA authors, two books, holiday inclusion!