Kaethe

Kaethe

Princesses on the Run - Smiljana Coh

Princesses on the Run - Smiljana Coh

I don't have a strong feeling on the whole Princess thing. Probably because my own daughters went through it and out so quickly: it was a preschool-only phenomenon as I recall, and Natasha's Halloween take on it was a zombie princess (one of those things she still enjoys) so, taking it Goth pretty quick. There are of course many mediocre books in every genre and niche, so that doesn't bother me. And Belle married into that library, so girl-after-my-own-heart.

Now that both are in high school they have no interest except in a few nostalgic favorites. And if I bring home a princess picture-book they can't be bothered to flip through it, unlike the ones with adorable animals. Never too old to love sloths and red pandas and extremely fluffy cats, I guess.

So they wouldn't look at it but that is okay. I like stories about girls who are told what they should like when they rebel, and I'm always happy to see books about girls doing things. I don't enjoy running, but I love to walk, so close enough. Fun art and a light tone. It's a cute book.

Library copy