Kaethe

Kaethe

The Cruellest Month - Louise Penny

The Cruellest Month - Louise Penny
  1. Recommended by a real-life friend who among other things, reviews mysteries, and generously shares  books  with her friends when she purges. The crime itself left me indifferent, and I’m not really a fan of Nature, and I wasn’t interested in the story arc, all of which suggests that I didn’t like the book. But on the contrary, I enjoyed it enormously for Gamache and his interactions with his coworkers and with the inhabitants of the very small town, and their interactions with each other. Great characterization. I particularly thank her for the suggestion to start with this one, not with the first, because writers sometimes take a while to find the groove their readers love.
  2. So now I want to move to Quebec. It has become too damn hot here with the Global Warming and the stupidity. And I don’t get to use my school French enough. I long to be somewhere cool and damp and always dreamed of returning to the beginning, but Brexit wrecked that.
  3. Library copy