Kaethe

Kaethe

Travels With Casey - Benoit Denizet-Lewis

Travels With Casey - Benoit Denizet-Lewis
  1. The book operates on several different levels. On the one hand, it is a modern recreation (more or less) of Travels With Charlie: just a guy and his dog going off to see America. And then there’s the places they go and the people they meet and I knew dogs were popular in the US, but I had no idea they were THAT popular. And then there’s this whole inner journey of the author, with bits about his family, and his friends, and his relationship with his dog which is disappointing because he wanted a more devoted sort of dog than he got in Casey (One advantage of cats is that it’s easier to keep getting new ones until you get the sort of personality you’re looking for). I’m not really a dog person, but Denizet-Lewis could change my mind.

Library copy